Sunday, May 9, 2010

8-Enter; Detective Raman

"Prashi!!  bastard where are you?" Pottu came sprinting in the dark.He was in such a momentum that he couldnt help colliding Prashi before both crashed down on the ground.Prashi fell on his back while Pottu landed on his friend

" Dont tell me you have this weird habit of running around in the dark" Prashi pushed Pottu aside.
"Are you okay?" Pottu asked in a worried tone.
The detective came running by and stopped before them" I followed her but it was too difficult in the dark.I lost her" He kicked the foot of a nearby tree.Prashi got up, pointed his finger in the detective's direction and asked " Who are you?"

"I am detective Raman.Nice to meet you Prashi" He let out hand in response.Prashi looked at Pottu " Whats going on?"
No one spoke on their way back.It was only after they reached the road that Prashi asked the detective " Why were you after the girl?".Raman didnt utter a word.They kept walking." I think she was lying about something"

"What!!" they both spatted.

"Now that I try to recollect, I think I have seen the girl somewhere before"Prashi said.
"Where?" both of them asked together.
Prashi turned to Pottu and said " In your house".

Everybody stopped for a moment.Raman and Pottu stared at each other.The intensity of horror their faces portrayed didnt distract Prashi who was scratching his head and and cursing himself as he grappled with his memory.
"She was lying about her name"Prashi finally blurted out
Pottu and Raman turned their heads towards Prashi who was smiling before saying " She is Isha.Yes now, I remember.She was the one coming to Pottu's house to borrow silly things like sugar.I ofcourse actually never saw her but due to the number of her visits, I could atleast get her face.So Detective Raman, Why were you after Isha? and why was she claiming herself to be Sasha?".
Neither of them answered.Both tuned back and gazed at the Dark family of trees behind...

No comments:

Post a Comment