Sunday, May 9, 2010

6-Sasha interprets

Now Pottu remembered.Among all of Isha's visits to his house ,there was only one thing that was common.It was Prashi's presence.They both never really talked to each other.And Prashi barely acknowledged Isha's presence.He would always laze around on the sofa listening to music and she would try her best to gain his attention .

"they never met" Pottu quietly said.
" I have this gut feeling that Prashi dint even care to look at her"
" And how is that so important now" Potti demanded.
" In a way" the detective interrupted.
For one second Pottu thought. " How on Earth did she love Prashi?"
"because" the detective continued " Sasha thinks Prashi is responsible for Isha's death".
"Im telling you,I swear they both never met" Pottu yelled.
" Im sure Sasha wont be convinced with your statement" the detective.
"My ass" Pottu thought." You mean to say Isha wrote something like 'he has no interest in me, my life is a waste' in her diary before dying" Pottu demanded.
"You are so bad at guessing.NO.She didnt write anything as such in her diary before dying.Infact, She didnt pen down anything in the last few days of her life.The last thing she ever wrote was 'I am in love with Prashi'" the detective said.

"Then how the hell did she suspect Prashi"Pottu screamed.
"I have been trying to come up with an explanation for that.Two major factors heavily influenced her.First,the last lines in Isha's diary were registered so deeply in Sasha's mind that she convinced herself that Prashi was the culprit.Second, I met the local cop who was involved in this case.From my conversation with him, he had seen many incidents like this.He was so accustomed to suicide cases that when Sasha demanded him an explanation on the cause of death, he said "how would we know, must have been a love failure.We are investigating".He was a bad cop who gave a bad statement.Now that must have been why Sasha's options were narrowed down to one cornered name.Prashi."
"How long have you been working"Pottu asked.
" Doesnt matter" the detective said.

Pottu's mind went blank before he heard the detective shout at the other end.
"Does Prashi actually know about this suicide episode?" He asked
" No, he was out of town that whole week.When he came back,I just told him about a girl from the neighbourhood who was found dead.He exclaimed and forgot.Neither does he anything about Sasha nor the name of the dead girl Isha." Pottu gasped.
"Alright, Dont let the poor fellow go around alone.I will be trailing her.If there is any sign of emergency or If I find him alone,I will call you.If I dont, I'll atleast message you.Its better if we red handedly catch her" He hung up.

No comments:

Post a Comment