Sunday, January 16, 2011

Thus spoke Atreya

If you do NOT have any concrete thoughts up your head and if you happen to like writing, your words would be no different than mine.Well,staying idle is stereotyped as being jobless, which is supposedly a crime according to people older than 25.On the contrary if you put that up as your status on facebook, no wonder you will be flooded with comments.Man! Life would be so simple without facebook

Just close your eyes and tune in to your past.I see myself struggling through trivia, trying to memorize shit and working way too hard(or pretending) to impress my parents with good marks. Now I stand in awe and wonder, “ What the hell was that?Now that I think education system sucks, why couldn’t I pursue something else? Was it because I wasn’t aware of anything else?”.Yeah, may be, but I think what I went through was just a formality that every Indian kid has to go through.Well, making your parents happy must be one of the concerns, but not the sole. And everything in life is complementary , or mutually dependant. If I hadn’t listened to my parents 6 years ago, life wouldn’t be the same now- better or worse, take it from me, definitely not the same.

One of the things which frequently pops up in the head during a period of idleness is “Life. career. Ambition” .Only they forgot to add ‘Crap’ at the end. I go nuts when someone asks me about my career, for I go deeper into the abyss of confusion as I try to fathom the conventions.I feel it is all about projecting happiness into the future. Missing today? I can’t afford that. I’d rather be pleased if someone asks about my love. I drop “ career objectives”, “ targets” and other big words and pick up “thoughts” for a vivid understanding of myself. They say, ‘ If you work hard now, you’ll enjoy the future ’.I say, ‘ Whatever you do now, in one way or the other, you will suffer in future’, for if I work hard , I will certainly reach where I want to, I’ll be happy, I’ll enjoy attention for a while, but its short lived. Can’t live with that my whole life, can I? What next? I get bored , and eventually  look up at another target, or am coerced to, and start it all over again. Running around in circles bumping into suffering and happiness now and then, repeatedly, with boredom and desire being  constant companions- that’s life, or a very mean way of describing it.

Love. Oh yeah! This shit tangles up everything in the mind, doesn’t it? Yes, of course because we have a very obsessive understanding of the word Love .It is typically presumed that the lover must be solely yours. Yours? Sounds so ungrateful.What is she? Your play station? She isn’t morally obligated to you in any way. She just happens to love you, nothing more, nothing less. The relationship vibe that’s created around you creates an illusion, of love, of ostentation. And the sad part is- you begin to dream in that illusion, and eventually become insecure. The very thought that your girlfriend is giggling while talking to another guy on the phone irks you, doesn’t it? People call it possessiveness, a few call it low self esteem, most of them secretly tag it to insecurity and I call it foolishness and meaningless.

Music is man’s best creation. It is the only thing that is still as pristine as it was from its inception. It was, is and will be too good for man to tamper with. Fuck the nuclear weapons!Any state of mind you are in- gloomy or merry ,tensed or vexed, peaceful or in a quandary, you are not alone, there is a piece of music which was created for you, and is waiting to be played to intensify your emotions.Only then you will realize that the feeling was worth it.

So that was that.Excerpts from the mind.

15 comments:

  1. wat makes a man is not his religion or his region or for that matter himself...it is the instance of unending moments of silence called boredom..coz u need to cross it..n that ur being tested in those moments should matter

    ReplyDelete
  2. really honest perspective of life you have, majority of us definitely feel like u do but cant express it in words

    ReplyDelete
  3. "thought-provoking" i must say

    ReplyDelete
  4. its good baa but koncham bore kottindhi.... :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love,a shit which tangles up every ones mind ! Very true..had a sigh and good laugh when I read that sentence

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice one..:)the way u manage to put ur thoughts in words is really gud..can see the the efforts u put in for this post..both in terms of vocab nd thinking...vocab is gud in most ur posts,but thr was thinking involved in dis..:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WTF... lif is only bout music ??

    ReplyDelete
  8. @swami: agreed

    @avi: well i dint know quite a few feel the same

    @baa: koncham enti, it is boring, it is written out of boredom.

    @leader: laugh eh! thnks man

    @harika: thinking...u bet it was

    @shiv: aah no! I dont remember saying music is life or vice versa..its just like one of those moments when u feel the moment and think nothing else..

    ReplyDelete
  9. i second ur thots.but i stil remain confused. no solution for the mad race. education system.

    and love, i really am cluless if u have written it outa experience or outa ur wild imaginations

    as usual..well composed

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice one... good usage of words to express ur thoughts.. strong feelings thou..

    each para.. should be put as a sep topic!! i guess, the continuity is lost when u try to get into the mood, when u write that specific para..
    Aroused and u get more provoked that u have so many to things to write.. but a sudden sway ...!!

    ReplyDelete