Saturday, June 19, 2010

Therefore, I am in LOVE..


15 years of sensible life since 1995 has taught me that most people do things because of either compulsion or obligation.Do NOT try repudiating me because I can pick at least 6 out of  ten people who are not happy with what they are doing( Do NOT ask where I got the statistics from).Well, there are numerous books and movies on the same concept but let me tell what I feel.People dont realize that they have been gifted with  a power called Volition which very few make use of.This power to choose finds its inception in the form of an intense emotion which is as big as the universe but can concentrate itself in the four chambered mass of a pumping muscle called heart.It is LOVE.
Mathematically,Love is an Independent variable that gives a damn about other interdependent variables which collectively govern the equation of life.In these years, I have discovered my intermittent feelings towards life which shift from " life is beautiful" to " Life is a bitch".I have always believed that the mind is like one of those screens you find in multiplexes.Every moment is a scene and every scream of Joy or sorrow is the background score. Hence, I grew up watching all those movies which were scripted by the situations and unknowingly directed by me.
It was in the rainy season of July about an year ago that I finished reading the last page of THE FOUNTAINHEAD and felt the impact Ayn Rand had on me.By the time I closed the book, I fell in Love with two great things.The power of words( half of which were beyond the scope of my vocabulary) and the Story( which I fortunately managed to comprehend).It was then I realized that writing is all about the unsaid things and the everlasting effect it can have on the readers.The moment you hold  a pen, you are given the right to create your own world,make your own rules and probably a chance to ascend to the throne of a creator( If you are desperate to be one).And hence I decided to be a writer someday.But never knew I was going to fall in Love again...
The entire army was being decimated before stepping foot on the beach. Inspite of being frightened, the soldiers marched ahead.Some were blown to pieces.Some were looking for their friends who were all over the battlefield with withered body parts.One of them lay on the ground putting a hand over a deep wound that had ripped open his stomach. He was crying for his mother as another soldier behind him was searching for his detached hand.I watched TOM HANKS grieve over the death of his friend in the movie SAVING PRIVATE RYAN.It was the most heart rending scene I ever witnessed.I didnt feel like joining the army(they'd immediately reject me).I never dreamt of becoming an actor( as if I could).Instead, I felt a strong urge to portray something equally emotional in  content which a writer alone couldnt do.And when I recollected all the gripping stories and the memorable scenes I watched,there was only one man who was sitting behind the camera and guiding everyone.He was the one who truly understood that Cinema is a marriage of all arts.He was the DIRECTOR and I fell in Love with his work.
Well, THE FOUNTAINHEAD and SAVING PRIVATE RYAN are two of the very few peak points in the graph of my life where I was strongly driven by a passion.Life goes on, so does this enigmatic curve whose equation is unpredictable.Only Time knows the zenith of the next peak I reach.I shall base my life only on one of these summits  and not compromise myself with the slopes.The best sequence of words that that pump out from the heart everytime I am at the pinnacle of my thoughts is...
Therefore, I am in LOVE...

P.S  1)I have absolutely no idea about what it is to be  Director.
         2)Movies and books arent the only peaks.There was a time when I decided to become the President of The Republic of India.Alright!even you can laugh,like I did.







5 comments: