Friday, February 17, 2012

nothing

Once upon a time,I used newspaper as a means to avoid looking at my concerned father during those awkward mornings.I normally don't get all choked up about reading newspapers and magazines.Perhaps a few interesting articles on weekends but rarely those events that demand  attention(Crime,calamities,destruction,inflation,who's who, who bombed whom, etc) Newspapers are mainly about important people and significant events.I'm uninterested and disinterested in them respectively.Fortunately, I remember bumping into " reading newspapers doesn't actually increase your knowledge" somewhere a month ago and I chose not to question the statement, as it strengthened my gut feeling.I couldn't prove my feeling, but was convinced though.Okay.The point I'm trying to make has nothing to do with newspaper.I have merely used that example to explain my recently acquired tendency to reject almost everything.Anything!
I have known myself for a long time now and still surprise myself. I have learned that there is a lot of difference between what I am and what I think I am.If you, too wanna know, then strip all your roles in the society and sit at home.Try to fill that 8 to 7 void to the best of your ability.Irritate the little planner inside you.Introduce him to a state of mind called boredom.Bertrand Russell said," To be able to fill leisure intelligently is the best product of civilization". Again, What am I trying to say ? nothing at all.I just want you to think..about yourself.I don't claim to know everything about anything.I am merely stating and requesting you to read between the lines.Trust me, it is disturbingly entertaining.

The other day,I was talking to my friend who happens to be a short filmmaker.We were talking about the recent surge in the number of self-proclaimed photographers on facebook.He said " Surely the pics are good.But it requires no great talent to take a damn snap".He lit up a matchstick and brought it to about 10 cm from my eye level." What do you see CLEARLY?" , he asked
" The lit stick" I said
" What about  things in the background?"
"They appear blurred"
" Not exactly blurred.It's  like your eyes aren't so interested to see them, isn't it?"
" Yeah", I agreed.
" Change" he said.
I shifted my focus to the background which included my friend's face and other non living things that I could see clearly.But I realized that the match stick now appeared to have a twin.Damn! I learnt that in school.When I told him about it.He said, " The same concept in the expensive cameras.Rotate the lens to see the way you wanna see and click.No sweat needed to shed"
"Ahh.." I wondered..and slapped my head for "liking" a pic the previous day.




No comments:

Post a Comment