Thursday, August 6, 2009

special days!!!

It was at 6 in the morning when a sudden sound of vibration reached my ears and dragged me out of a world of dreams to a world of rules.I saw my cell phone moving awkwardly on the table,it was due to the vibrations.I always cursed myself for keeping it in that particular mode.I lazily picked it up and read the message that disturbed my sleep only to find that it was a monotonous forwarded message exept that it ended with "Happy friendship day".

"Oh, is it?" I thought and went back to sleep.When i woke up at 9, i found 4 more similar messages.Some even cared to call and wish.I never wished anybody a "Happy friendship day".
Because i never believed in the so called special days be it Fathers day or Mothers day.
Yes, i know all these days are dedicated to some person/s and it is like celebrating the birthday of all mothers, fathers and friends on the same day.But I never get the concept right.I wish my parents though.... because THEY believe and if a small gesture could make them happy then why not? but their happiness is not centered at my greetings, i know that.

Half of my friends cursed me for not wishing them "A happy friendship day".When i spoke of my view, some misunderstood and went to the extent of saying i didn't believe in friendship.When i asked them about their special deed for the occasion most of them couldn't cross greeting cards, messages,gifts and of course beer,vodka,whiskey.If a friend helps you in the right hour on a very bad day of yours(if at all you feel so) without expecting anything but a selfish satisfaction,then you can proudly say that bad day was"YOUR" friendship day.It is miles away from feeling bad if someone hasn't wished you.I think it would be confusing if i elaborated my point.

If there are so many days dedicated to the people who play an important role in our lives,why isn't a day dedicated to ourselves.A day when we see ourselves in the mirror and picturize the flawless human being in us.A day when we do anything we wish to.A day when we do complete justice to ourselves without compromising with the need of others.
But,
"Everyday is your day, it is the artistic ability with which you design it"

So, every day is friendship day.
Everyday is a mother's day.
Every day is a father's day.
Everyday is everyone's day.

2 comments:

  1. interesting views dear
    n gifted individuals like u steal the show wid their unstoppable talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oye phodhh raha hai baee,..
    well, i cannt speak for others but i think i am looking forward to a scary horror suspense masala chickflick story in ur very own inimitable way.

    Post Scriptum : never allay ur "KASI"

    ReplyDelete